Richard Toronto and Geneva Hagen

aeon

Richard Toronto and Geneva Hagen

Post by aeon » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:23 pm

http://www.theparacast.com/podcasts/paracast_130707.mp3

July 7, 2013 — Richard Toronto and Geneva Hagen

Gene and Chris present Richard Toronto, author of “War over Lemuria: Richard Shaver, Ray Palmer and the Strangest Chapter of 1940s Science Fiction.” Toronto, a former newspaper reporter, is a long time student of the Shaver Mystery.

We’ll also be joined by Geneva Hagen, co-editor of the UFO/occult magazine, “Caveat Emptor,” and a friend of Shaver’s. Both Palmer and Shaver were pioneers not just in science fiction, but helped in encouraging interest in flying saucers in the late 1940s and early 1950s.

Secret World pg 80

In some cases I use chemically treated canvas, as in making photo-prints; in others I spray other substances, such as powdered soap onto wet glue, sand, even corn meal; anything that the light from the projector will influence to fall in the same pattern as the projected image. I get best results from treated canvas.

Secret World pg 89

In this case I sifted dry glue flakes on wet canvas, allowing the light to drive the flakes and glue powder by its pressure. Light does have pressure, you know. There are two methods to bring out the images; one is to use a fine spray of water on the glue flakes being careful not to spray too heavily, too much melts the image, and too little allows the loose glue powder to blow in the first draft of air that crosses the canvas.

The other method is to bring out the high and low patterns by lightly brushing the glue with a dry brush of aluminum paint or (any thinned paint), which causes the paint to flow into the crevices and hollows and gives an accurate development of the picture in the emboss.