Rock House and Studio

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rock House and Studio

Post by Ye Admin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:41 pm

It's a shame that the studio is gone. I'd often thought I'd go see the site myself, but it didn't work out that way and now with three kids it's just not going to happen.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:26 pm

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.2474658 ... 312!8i6656

This is why you never want to have trash in front of your house, 5 years later the Street View will still show it.

aeon

Post by aeon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:53 am

The original posting of sale was November 2008 so I looked up my old copy.

"The current owner says Shaver had done artwork on the ceilings of the house as well as the fireplace! She painted over it all when she bought the house but she stated that you can still see some of the vibrant colors on the ceiling through the current white paint!"

http://www.shavertron.com/cedarpanels.html

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Sat May 04, 2019 3:47 pm

I don't know why Shaver chose Summit to live in. I know we discussed this before the forum was deleted in 2016 by Godaddy*, but my memory is disintegrating.

I remember something or other about RAP moving out of state because he was being prosecuted under obscenity laws for publishing erotica. But that had nothing to do with Shaver.

I find that not only I'm having a harder time these days remembering things, but also my eyes are able to focus for less time than they used to. In particular, reading analog books is now much harder than reading from digital screens. Luckily I own War over Lemuria on both analog and digital.

But if I'm forgetting the past so quickly and the present is barely getting stored, I might deteriorate into complete non-existence.

*I need to try and get the Internet Archive to archive this forum, so that never happens again. I don't know why the old version isn't archived but I suspect that for a site to be archived, someone needs to let the spider/robot know it's there.

aeon

Post by aeon » Sat May 04, 2019 4:42 pm

Shaver said it was better to live in a small town or out in the countryside because that is where the Tero are more likely to be found.

http://efanzines.com/EK/eI11/index.htm

In Houston, Texas, in July 1966, several of these novels were on trial along with significant defendants. I wrote of that trial in "Beauty and the Beast Otra Vez" in eI4. One of those significant defendants was Richard S. Shaver, formerly of Wisconsin and Lemuria, but a resident of Summit, Arkansas, at the time of the trial.

Under oath, while being questioned by the prosecution, Richard S. Shaver testified that he was "president" of "Hamling's Freedom Publishing Company." Freedom had been identified as the predecessor to Blake Pharmaceutical. This would be the office that Harlan Ellison described as "a tiny, one-room office, with the name Blake Pharmaceutical on the door."

Shaver further testified that he did not know anything about the books and had nothing to do with the company, and that he was paid regularly by check from Corinth. Corinth was the 1965 California replacement for Blake Pharmaceutical.

That Shaver was paid by Corinth check was to become a significant problem for me in the near future that would have far-reaching affect on things to come.

aeon

Post by aeon » Sat May 04, 2019 5:48 pm

I have discovered two things that help my eyes. Vitamin A softgels from fish liver oil. I take 20,000 IU for one week, then drop to 10,000 IU and keep it there, you need some vit D and vit E too. The other is bright light. If I stay indoors a lot in dim light and on the computer or TV, my eyes weaken and even weep tears. A few hours a day of keeping bright lights on in my room strengthens my eyes and I can focus much better.

If your doctor did not find serious nutrient absorption - blood circulation problems, or anything else; I can bet I know the cause of your memory deterioration and it sure as hell is not sleep apnea.

Zolpidem has been shown to disrupt memory in human patients and animal subjects.

Comparable dose-related impairment was also observed in healthy participants asked to perform cognitive-related tests, such as picture recall, digit entry and recall, a digit symbol substitution test, repeated acquisition and circular lights tasks, and balance tests.

The cognition-impairing effects in executive function tasks were characterized in animal models. Previous study results suggested that zolpidem displays a high affinity for a subunit of GABA receptors; therefore, the drug impairs the human cognitive domain in the prefrontal cortical areas, which are involved in processes such as goal forming, planning, initiation, preservation and alteration of goal-directed behaviors, problem-solving, response inhibition, and cognitive flexibility.

Seniors have increased GABA receptor–binding sites which reflect the elderly population's risk of developing non-Alzheimer dementia.

This is completely reversible if you phase off and quit, if you don't it will reach the point you can't function. Motor skills are also affected which can lead to injuries.

Nutrition can not compensate or fix IMOVANE Zopiclone dero poison.

Serotonin The risk or severity of adverse effects can be increased when Serotonin is combined with Zopiclone.

St. John's Wort The metabolism of Zopiclone can be increased when combined with St. John's Wort.

Calcitriol The metabolism of Zopiclone can be increased when combined with Calcitriol.

Cholecalciferol The metabolism of Zopiclone can be decreased when combined with Cholecalciferol.

Ergocalciferol The metabolism of Zopiclone can be decreased when combined with Ergocalciferol.

Fish oil The metabolism of Fish oil can be decreased when combined with Zopiclone.

Ginkgo biloba The metabolism of Zopiclone can be decreased when combined with Ginkgo biloba.

L-Tryptophan The risk or severity of adverse effects can be increased when L-Tryptophan is combined with Zopiclone.

Melatonin The risk or severity of adverse effects can be increased when Melatonin is combined with Zopiclone.

Vitamin D The metabolism of Vitamin D can be decreased when combined with Zopiclone.

Vitamin E The metabolism of Zopiclone can be increased when combined with Vitamin E.

aeon

Post by aeon » Sat May 04, 2019 9:25 pm

Ray Palmer never moved. Shaver suddenly moved overnight and he left all his files there. What happened was Palmer cosigned Shavers incorporation papers. When the story hit the big time, the reporters converged on Shavers farm because he was listed as president of the publishing company. Palmer told his neighbors he was just helping Shaver out and got played for being naive. Shaver left to avoid the reporters who were camping out on his farm and draw the embarrassing crowds away from Palmer's property close by. Palmer was considered a pillar of the community and had kids, so once again Shaver took the blame.

I know how to get off Z-drugs because I got off Ativan. The trick is to phase off slowly. Doctors know nothing about this. I reduced my dose by 1/4 every week, sometimes by 1/8 if side effects occurred. The worse thing for Imovane is going cold turkey as you know. The reason is the gaba receptors and chemical uptake take 60-90 days to return to normal. So in 3 or 4 months of careful reduction it will be as if you never took it. All your memory motor skill and perceptions will return to normal. You may see additional minor improvement over another 4 months or a combined total of 8 months.

I hope you can get off this crap or I fear you may indeed suffer dementia. The longer you are on it the more the effects increase. Good Luck.

aeon

Post by aeon » Sat May 04, 2019 9:50 pm

https://newoldage.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... s-disease/

https://newoldage.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... ing-pills/

Specifically, Dr. Tannenbaum and her colleagues want older people to wean themselves from benzodiazepines, widely used for insomnia and anxiety. The brand names are familiar: Ativan, Ambien, Halcion, Klonopin, Lunesta, Sonata, Valium and Xanax.

(Some, like Ambien and Lunesta, actually belong to a class of sister drugs but have the same effects on the brain.)

If the risks of sedative-hypnotics are well established, why do so many older people keep taking them? “They’re psychologically addictive,” Dr. Tannenbaum said. “People believe they can’t function without them.”

“You have to be weaned off the pills over 12 to 20 weeks, so your blood levels go down slowly,” she said. “We tell patients, you’ll have a few nights where you have trouble sleeping, so just plan your activities accordingly. Eventually, your body will catch up.”

How did these older patients fare? Among those who received the brochure, 27 percent had discontinued the drug by the six-month follow-up, pharmacy records showed, compared to 5 percent of the control group. Another 11 percent of brochure recipients had reduced their doses.

“Just from reading a brochure, one in four patients got off a medication they’d been taking for, in some cases, 10 to 30 years,” Dr. Tannenbaum said.

If older relatives are taking sleeping pills — and sometimes people don’t realize they are — reading about the risks and following the day-by-day reduction plan might help them quit.