Coming of the Saucers

General UFO discussion
aeon

Coming of the Saucers

Post by aeon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:28 am

http://www.beamsinvestigations.org/The% ... 011%29.pdf

The Coming of the Saucers

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1998.htm

ARNOLD: Well, all I can tell you is (about) the three men who first reached the wreckage. Now, (the Navy) had a $5,000 reward on it. That was (why) I was searching for the plane (on the day of his June 24, 1947 sighting). That reward offer said we will pay $5,000 for the discovery of the wreckage and the recovery of the bodies. Every time I was flying in the area, I’d take a sweep over the southwest side of Mount Rainier. This C-46 transport with thirty-two Marines aboard crashed into the Tacoma Glacier, which is at about the 9,500-foot level of Mount Rainier. Mount Rainier goes a little over 14,000 feet. It was this crash I was looking for that day. Well, a forestry man saw the tail of it. So they first sent the First Search and Rescue (from) McChord Field [near Seattle] up there to check it out. There were three of them that reached there first. And I had a telephone conversation with McChord Search and Rescue – I was with Idaho Search and Rescue at the time – and they said that (when) they reached the fuselage, the fuselage was almost intact and all the luggage of everyone was still aboard, and their parachutes had never been used. But he said there was no blood, no bones and there were no bodies!

PRATT: No blood, no bones, no bodies?

ARNOLD: Right. Now we got that right from the head of rescue at McChord Field. It wasn’t through the press and it wasn’t through the Marine Corps or anything. And so we published it… I didn’t associate (the crash) with flying saucers. It was just a mystery. But, we published it, and pretty soon I got a letter from H.H. Goode (?) of the Fourth Naval District and, oh boy, he was just real (angry), wondering what authority I had to say such (a thing)… I didn’t give a damn one way or the other particularly. I just thought it was a very unusual thing and there was no way they could say (the thirty-two Marines) walked off from it. But right after the crash was found and the rescuers got there, (the Navy officer) said it looked like mountain lions carried off the bodies, which was ridiculous of course, and it was typical of the (military’s) explanations. A little later, they changed that story and said that the terrain was too treacherous to bring the bodies down from the mountain… This is (ridiculous) because if three men can get up (to) the wreckage, going downhill is a hell of a lot easier than pulling bodies uphill. And they shouldn’t have had any trouble whatsoever. But they finally ended up saying the terrain was too treacherous to bring the bodies down and so they didn’t bring them down. And that was the last thing we heard publicly about it.

PRATT: In other words, they left the bodies there?

ARNOLD: That apparently was the official… explanation. However, they had the funerals for the people that perished in that crash. At Round Pass at Mount Rainier National Park. I think it was about a month or two afterwards, and there were thirty-two coffins there and there were no bodies in them… I’ve never known in my life in the Search and Rescue Squadron for anyone to lie to one another. But the Fourth Naval District had complete control over the public relations. The military got right into it and that was it.

PRATT: Did you know the head of the search and rescue team that went up there?

ARNOLD: No, I didn’t know them. It’s possible that during various meetings which we (Search and Rescue teams) used to have somewhere around the country that I have met some of them. I recall the particular man’s name who was heading the party and he was the spokesman for the three (but) I don’t know what I’ve done with it.

PRATT: Was he the one who told you about the no bones, no bodies, no blood–

ARNOLD: Yes. He told us by telephone. We called up and asked him about it. The three first men got to the crash and came down the mountain and that was it. Then of course the military came in and the Marine Corps or the Navy actually was in charge of it. They never paid the reward to the forestry fellow who (found the crash). They left the bodies there and therefore the reward wouldn’t be valid because it was for the discovery of the crash and the recovery of the bodies.

PRATT: This doesn’t sound like the military, though, not to recover the bodies.

ARNOLD: Well, it sure doesn’t to me either. That’s really unusual and I didn’t connect it with the flying saucer business. But then I began doing a lot of research and I found that many times there was ships at sea found with dinner sets all ready to be eaten and everything and here the ship would be found and the thirty-five or forty or fifty people completely gone and they never could figure out what happened to them.

http://www.saturdaynightuforia.com/html/thisweek.html

http://www.saturdaynightuforia.com/html ... old10.html

http://www.eastoregonian.com/eo/local-n ... one-report

Last edited by aeon on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.