Lunesta

Everything else and off-topic posts.
Ye Admin
Site Admin

Lunesta

Post by Ye Admin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:13 am

My doctor just renewed my prescription for Lunesta. I've been talking the Canadian version of it, Imovane, for 4 years now and there is a discernible difference in effect.

Lunesta is eszopiclone, Imovane is zopiclone. They are nearly the same thing, with Imovane having inactive ingredients that are missing from Lunesta. And that might be why the effect is dissimilar. When I take Imovane and am not yet in bed, I feel an uncontrollable urge to go snack on high-calorie foods. When I take Lunesta and am not yet in bed, I start talking like robot about the stupidest things imaginable regarding the possibility that real life in a computer simulation of sorts and annoying the heck out of my wife with this Philip K. Dick stuff.

These two drugs leave me a bit drowsy the following day, but not near as drowsy as when I take Unisom (Doxylamine Succinate) instead. I can barely function if I take even half a Unisom the night before.

I've avoided Ambien for years, because of the scary stories of people sleepwalking and sleep-driving while on it, but I had some the other night and slept much better than on Lunesta/Imovane. I also didn't annoy my wife or gain a pound from eating a whole stick of butter melted into Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.

I might consider switching but I'd be paranoid of that sleepwalking thing kicking in unexpectedly at some point.

My wife also had zopiclone (Imovane) during her entire pregnancy and didn't affect our baby at all. He's extremely sharp and aware.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lunesta

Post by Ye Admin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Last night the Lunesta hit with full-force in mid-sentence. I was talking to my wife and suddenly my voice came out like Dick Tufeld doing B9's voice.

According to her, I entered this robotic state where I made her laugh. She then said that it wasn't the best way to woo a woman. I have no memory of any of this.

My wife said that in my core I must be a robot, because when the prescribed medication took hold and my inhibitions were lifted, all that was left was a robot saying things such as "Does not compute", "Affirmative", etc...

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:13 pm

I have come to a point in my life where I experience a high level of forgetfulness, bordering on dementia. My wife wants me to see a neurologist.

I don't know how much of this is a result of long-term zopiclone use, or if neurological damage from Roux-En-Y (RNY) weight loss surgery (WLS).

A few months ago I started dutifully supplementing with multivitamins, iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc, and folate, as well as with 10,000 UI of vitamin D a day. The iron is taken separately as it can't be properly absorbed with calcium, but is the Slow Fe kind with extended release.

I don't know anyone my age with as bad a memory as mine. I consistently forget why I went into a room or what I was doing in the middle of doing it. I'm still able to keep appointments even though my notion of the passage of time is slightly impaired.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Wed May 29, 2019 2:55 pm

When a picture is worth a bunch of words.
head.jpg
head.jpg (660.45 KiB) Viewed 3069 times