Drinking turpentine can kill you

Everything else and off-topic posts.
Ye Admin
Site Admin

Drinking turpentine can kill you

Post by Ye Admin » Wed May 09, 2018 11:30 am

Kasey of VEGETABLE POLICE comes up with the strangest theories. One of them is that he needs to drink turpentine to kill imaginary parasites in his digestive system. What parasites? What proof does he have that there are parasites in there to begin with? So his solution is to early die by drinking a tablespoon of turpentine.

I regularly watch him for the comedy/trainwreck factor. He moved to Thailand to be able to buy fresh fruit....

aeon

Re: Drinking turpentine can kill you

Post by aeon » Wed May 09, 2018 1:05 pm

The Expanse. I'll take the juice. Flip and Burn.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Wed May 09, 2018 4:24 pm

I've never watched The Expanse but that video reminds me of the feeling I get from two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.

Remember how you told me to mix baking soda in my Vitamin C powder? I'm doing it to the Apple Cider Vinegar now.

aeon

Post by aeon » Wed May 09, 2018 5:54 pm

That makes no sense to me. Baking soda's value is neutralizing excess acid. Large amounts of pure ascorbic acid is too much acid, so baking soda makes sense, and the sodium will help transport the Vitamin C into the blood stream and cells, you just made sodium ascorbate.

Vinegar's only benefit is its acetic acid content. It only works if it is acid. If you mix it with baking soda they will neutralize each other and you have a useless product that tastes bad and will impair your digestion and probably make you nauseous. I really would not recommend doing this it could make you very sick.

This guy is dangerous and if people follow his advice they could get seriously ill such as suffering heart arrhythmia or ulcerating their entire digestive tract. I do see where some of what he says looks like it might be logical but there are serious gaps in his thinking process that can harm people.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Thu May 10, 2018 9:13 am

aeon wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:54 pm
This guy is dangerous and if people follow his advice they could get seriously ill such as suffering heart arrhythmia or ulcerating their entire digestive tract. I do see where some of what he says looks like it might be logical but there are serious gaps in his thinking process that can harm people.
Given his results, would you say that he doesn't really practice what he teaches? Is it possible he's just trolling everyone?

aeon

Post by aeon » Thu May 10, 2018 11:15 am

He has no medical or nutritional training listed on his sites. He is not even certified as a trainer apparently. He claims his expertise is experimenting on himself. We have no way to know if he follows his own advice. But let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he does. This does not mean other people can safely follow his advice. In the comments section one person claimed snake juice put him in the hospital after a few days.

To be honest I don't know if he is a sincere and well meaning person or a reckless sociopath. Taking 1.5 to 2 tsps of potassium chloride though is borderline hyperkalemia.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/hyp ... m-20050776

Let's look at the accepted safe recommendation. Each TRIORAL Oral Rehydration Salts packet is a sealed, pre-measured and pre-formulated powder that contains: Glucose anhydrous 13.5g, Trisodium Citrate Dehydrate 2.9g, Sodium Chloride 2.6g and Potassium Chloride 1.5g.

http://www.trioralors.com/