Ketogenic Diet

Everything else and off-topic posts.
Ye Admin
Site Admin

Ketogenic Diet

Post by Ye Admin » Wed May 16, 2018 11:51 am

Thanks to Aeon leading me down yet another rabbit hole, I ended up becoming a fan of Butter Bob. Which inevitably led me to the world of Dr. Eric Berg, DC.

Now I don't know if the Dero were tampering with my brain yesterday, but I felt incredibly energetic yesterday morning, on my third day of the diet. I started literally dancing around the house instead of plodding about completely fatigued.

Two weeks ago the scale was showing me at 282Lbs. Now it's at 271. So I need to lose 72 pounds to get me to my goal.

I only drink coffee, until 2PM and then I have a 1 hour eating window. At 8PM I eat dinner and then that's it until the following day. Not enough Intermittent Fasting in this, but we'll see. The only thing is the coffee. I don't know why coffee with so much fat in it isn't considered a "meal". It definitely breaks the fast. I know that in the future weeks I'll need to be going with black coffee instead and that's going to be a challenge.

I'm supplementing with Nutritional Yeast, and Berg's Wheat Grass Juice Powder.

One of the main problems I had before was I was drinking nearly a gallon of milk a day. I'm off the milk completely, now.

One thing: Dr. Berg says to eat 7-10 cups of veggies a day. I'm not sure if that will ever happen. I don't do plants. Today I'll try sticking kale in a blender and we'll see what happens.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ketogenic Diet

Post by Ye Admin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 pm

Ye Admin wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:51 am

Two weeks ago the scale was showing me at 282Lbs. Now it's at 271. So I need to lose 72 pounds to get me to my goal.
Incredibly, I have moved the goal post. I now wish to get to 168 pounds. I weighed myself this morning and am at 197.8.

I wonder if I would ever have come this far, if back in May of 2018, aeon hadn't posted about Butter Bob. Thank you :-)

So now only about 29 pounds left to 168 pounds!