Prolonged Fasting

Everything else and off-topic posts.
Ye Admin
Site Admin

Re: Prolonged Fasting

Post by Ye Admin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:52 am

Nice surprise, was able to fast all day and all night and woke up to under 240!

Today's weight, 237.8!

Not sure if fasting today. Might work out.

aeon

Post by aeon » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Are you or have you ever taken statins? That alone would explain memory issues.

Has your new diet helped in that respect?

Did you ever get an iron panel done?

I'm trying to avoid extra iron and see if my white and gray hair will return to its natural color.

In my recent blood test they did not even check iron. No serum/Plasma iron, ferritin, transferrin concentrations, and total iron binding capacity (TIBC).

I can't believe you have to specifically request it done. In this country enriched iron is everywhere.

Component Your Value Standard Range
WBC 6.6 10^9/L 3.9 - 10.6 10^9/L
RBC: 4.20 10^12/L 4.40 - 5.90 10^12/L
Hgb 14.2 g/dL 13.5 - 17.7 g/dL
Hct, Final 40.4 % 40.0 - 53.0 %
MCV 96.3 fL 80.0 - 100.0 fL
MCH 33.8 pg 26.3 - 33.8 pg
MCHC 35.1 g/dL 31.5 - 36.3 g/dL
RDW-CV 14.3 % 11.5 - 14.5 %
Platelet Count 185 10^9/L 140 - 444 10^9/L
MPV 9.8 fL 6.8 - 10.8 fL
NEUTROPHILS % 68.4 % 40.0 - 81.0 %
LYMPHOCYTES % 24.1 % 20.0 - 53.0 %
Monocyte % 5.4 % 1.0 - 10.0 %
Eosinophils % 0.4 % 0.0 - 6.0 %
BASOPHILS % 1.7 % 0.0 - 2.0 %
Neutrophils, Absolute 4.5 10^9/L 1.8 - 8.0 10^9/L
LYMPHOCYTES ABS 1.6 10^9/L 1.0 - 4.8 10^9/L
MONOCYTES ABSOLUTE 0.4 10^9/L 0.0 - 0.8 10^9/L
EOSINOPHILS ABSOLUTE 0.0 10^9/L 0.0 - 0.5 10^9/L
BASOPHILS ABS 0.1 10^9/L 0.0 - 0.2 10^9/L

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:47 am

I did an iron test last year but no new ones since then. I will request one next time. This is where it was:

Iron 72 ug/dL 45 - 160 ug/dL
Iron Binding Capacity 315 ug/dL 250 - 447 ug/dL
Percent Saturation 23 % 15 - 50 %
Transferrin 225 mg/dl 180 - 330 mg/dl
General Information
Collected:

01/30/2017 10:59 AM
Resulted:

01/30/2017 8:14 PM

I also want to mention that I've lived through five decades and have no grey hairs. I don't know why that is but it often leads me into believing that reality isn't real. Other than that I look my age.

Never ever taken statins.

The new diet is helping me in many ways, and I do feel that I think a lot more clearly. But I also feel the intensity of the fat burning and it's tiring. It feels like dieting is the only thing I can truly accomplish.

On days where I screw up, I pay the price for it the next day. Like last night after Lunesta, I apparently drank a cup of heavy cream with Ovaltine. A perfectly senseless combination that added up to 2200 calories right before going sleep. So...today's weight: 235.9

Yesterday morning I was at 235.0.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:34 pm

So I've been stuck at 234 for a week now. Keto sticks showing ketosis only between small and moderate. I'm thinking it could be the sucralose in my daily coffee. I'm on hour 24 of an attempted 72 hour fast to see if I can break through the plateau.

I'm eliminating the daily teaspoon of nutritional yeast to see if that helps, as well. Anything over 50 calories and instead of fasting you get starvation mode.

I had such high energy a month ago. It all went away on that Friday the 13th of July as in my post for that day. I have not been able to fully recover.

I'll be going to the doctor tomorrow morning and getting another set of tests. Will ask for iron panel.

aeon

Post by aeon » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:24 pm

Ask them for ferritin level also. I did not see that on your last iron panel.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:36 pm

I went there and asked my doctor to include ferritin levels. Interesting, it was a separate test altogether.

I woke up this morning at 231.5 pounds. It felt great to break the plateau. Unfortunately I had decided to give up coffee and so I no longer got the diuretic effects from it. After talking to my doctor I decided to decrease my coffee intake instead of quitting it, because there seem to be a lot of benefits, and Cole Robinson was wrong about it increasing cortisol for 18 hours. I haven't had any coffee today whatsoever. Feeling sleepy all day.

I never recovered the energy burst I had from when I began this diet. Am on hour 60 of a 72 hour fast to see if it will help.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Ferritin results are ready:

Ferritin 77.1 ng/mL 24.0 - 336.0 ng/mL

aeon

Post by aeon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:28 pm

That's good news. Your ferritin level is excellent.

I consider sucralose potentially more toxic than aspartame because of amounts used and people thinking it is safe as sugar. My aunt developed Sjogren's syndrome (severe dryness of eyes and mouth) switching to Splenda. I sent her information which she showed her doctor. He took her off splenda and she completely reversed all symptoms.

Splenda/sucralose is a chlorinated sugar or chlorocarbon. 1,6-dichloro-1,6-dideoxy-beta-D-fructofuranosyl-4-chloro-4-deoxy-alpha-D-galactopyranoside.

This is one of the many side effects reported:

“It all began with purchasing a box of Splenda. The changes in my opinion were subtle. However, my family and friends noticed immediately. I became withdrawn and disinterested in my usual hobbies. Everything became a chore. I was tired during the day, but couldn’t sleep at night either. I play the flute which requires a quick mental process and fingering skills to match, but suddenly I was struggling to play.

Typing was difficult as well. During the past three weeks I noticed myself ‘zoning out’. I’d become forgetful and moody. I thought perhaps it was the Splenda, because that was the only thing different in my daily habits. I was an emotional wreck. I cried and cried. I felt like I was losing my mind."

Sucralose is a molecule of sugar chemically manipulated to surrender three hydroxyl groups (hydrogen + oxygen) and replace them with three chlorine atoms. Natural sugar is a hydrocarbon built around 12 carbon atoms. When turned into Splenda it becomes a chlorocarbon, in the family of Chlorodane, Lindane and DDT.

It is logical to ask why table salt, which also contains chlorine, is safe while Splenda/sucralose is toxic? Because salt isn't a chlorocarbon. When molecular chemistry binds sodium to chlorine to make salt carbon isn't included. Sucralose and salt are as different as oil and water.

Unlike sodium chloride, chlorocarbons are never nutritionally compatible with our metabolic processes and are wholly incompatible with normal human metabolic functioning. When chlorine is chemically reacted into carbon-structured organic compounds to make chlorocarbons, the carbon and chlorine atoms bind to each other by mutually sharing electrons in their outer shells.

This arrangement adversely affects human metabolism because our mitochondrial and cellular enzyme systems are designed to completely utilize organic molecules containing carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and other compatible nutritional elements.

By this process chlorocarbons such as sucralose deliver chlorine directly into our cells through normal metabolization. This makes them effective insecticides and preservatives.

In test animals Splenda produced swollen livers, as do all chlorocarbon poisons, and also calcified the kidneys of test animals in toxicity studies. Sucralose also failed in clinical trials with animals. Sucralose has been found to shrink thymus glands and produce liver inflammation in rats and mice.

The central issue here is whether or not any sucralose is actually absorbed by the body.

According to the manufacturer’s own web site, only 15 percent of ingested Splenda is actually absorbed. Specifically, the manufacturer claims that:

"Absorption: Most ingested sucralose passes through the digestive system unchanged and without causing gastrointestinal side effects. Studies have shown that about 15% of ingested sucralose is passively absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract."

The company then tells us that this “small amount” of absorbed sucralose is distributed to essentially all tissues which includes the brain. This again is yet another blockbuster admission on their part, which they again try to mitigate by saying that there is no “active transport of sucralose across the blood-brain barrier, across the placental barrier, or from the mammary gland into milk.”

This admission itself seems to imply that there must be some type of passive transport of sucralose across the blood-brain barrier, the placental barrier, and from the mammary gland into milk; otherwise, how could it be possible for the relatively “small” amount of ingested sucralose to be distributed “to essentially all tissues,” as the manufacturer itself claims?

Indeed, we would expect a passive distribution of sucralose into these various areas of the body, since it could ride “piggy back” across these barriers with the essential fats that can cross these barriers, since as we have seen, sucralose is a fat-soluble compound, and all chlorinated hydrocarbons are fat-soluble to some degree.

The researchers simply compared the amount of sucralose that was metabolized and excreted through two different methods of ingestion: intravenous vs. oral ingestion. When these two different methods were compared and contrasted, the researchers noted that, “20-30% of the oral doses was absorbed.”

This independent European study showed that up to twice the amount of sucralose (20 to 30 percent) is actually absorbed, relative to the obviously conservative claims of the manufacturer.

The same European researchers then sought to learn how much of ingested sucralose is actually absorbed in the dog. Using the same process of comparing intravenous and oral routes of sucralose administration, the researchers found that anywhere between 18 percent and a whopping 48% of the oral dose of sucralose was actually absorbed.

Incredibly, these innovative European researchers found that as they progressed up the phylogenetic chain from the mouse to the dog, the amount of absorbed sucralose increased significantly, from 20 to 30 percent in the mouse to 18 to 48 percent in the dog.

According to the Splenda International Patent A23L001-236 and PEP Review #90-1-4 (July 1991), sucralose is synthesized by this five-step process:

sucrose is tritylated with trityl chloride in the presence of dimethylformamide and 4-methylmorpholine and the tritylated sucrose is then acetylated with acetic anhydride,

the resulting TRISPA (6,1',6'-tri-O-trityl-penta-O-acetylsucrose) is chlorinated with hydrogen chloride in the presence of toluene,

the resulting 4-PAS (sucrose 2,3,4,3',4'-pentaacetate) is heated in the presence of methyl isobutyl ketone and acetic acid,

the resulting 6-PAS (sucrose 2,3,6,3',4'-pentaacetate) is chlorinated with thionyl chloride in the presence of toluene and benzyltriethylammonium chloride, and

the resulting TOSPA (sucralose pentaacetate) is treated with methanol (wood alcohol, a poison) in the presence of sodium methoxide to produce sucralose.

The FDA states in their Final Report on Splenda that sucralose is "produced at an approximate purity of ninety-eight percent." The other two percent does not have to be reported to the FDA, nor listed as added ingredients. So what's in the other two percent?

acetone
acetic acid
acetyl alcohol
acetic anhydride
ammonium chloride
benzene
chlorinated sulfates
ethyl alcohol
isobutyl ketones
formaldehyde
hydrogen chloride
lithium chloride
methanol
sodium methoxide
sulfuryl chloride
trityl chloride
toluene
thionyl chloride

aeon

Post by aeon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:22 pm

This is the article that got me thinking about iron enriched foods. Meaning the problem is damage in the gut from free iron that is not absorbed that most people can't use and don't need. I also know that folic acid is toxic for men over 200-400 mcgs a day. A slice of bread has 140 mcgs. Woman can handle 400 mcgs or 800 mcgs if pregnant. They added folic acid to coverup aspartame poisoning and increase uncontrolled stomach acid to increase market for H2 blockers and proton pump inhibitors.

https://freetheanimal.com/2015/06/enric ... thing.html

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:34 pm

I'm not completely sure about the Sucralose. The one I buy is the liquid version labeled EZ-Sweet or something like that. Splenda as a powder contains a powder which is some kind of dextrose I think and that is what I'm supposed to be avoiding.

I'n willing to do a test and stay away from it from a week, but I'm making changes that might influence the experiment.

I just came out of my 3 day fast today, was weighing 230.8 this morning. I expect I will gain weight tonight as I'm eating 2300 calories in my OMAD, and then fasting again until Sunday.

I really hate eating now. It's a hard chore. Had most of a lamb steak, brussel sprouts, about a 1/2 cup of red bell peppers and onions with nutritional yeast, about to eat 5 eggs...ugh...luckily I can supplement the rest of it with macadamia nuts. Those are my favourite nuts and come at 200 calories per ounce.

Today's re-feed will replenish my nutrient pool for the next fasting.

One thing I noticed in my labs: my free T3 has dropped DRAMATICALLY. That could explain my drop in energy levels. On the 15th of June I was prescribed Cytomel, 5mcg. It slowed down my ketosis but I stayed on it for a month. I stopped 10 days ago, I think it actually decreased my natural T3 and this might be why I lost all my energy.