"THE PHOENIX" TV series starring Judson Scott as Bennu

Everything else and off-topic posts.
Ye Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bennu

Post by Ye Admin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:31 pm

Looks like I'm dropping by the UCLA archive next time I'm in L.A.!

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bennu

Post by Ye Admin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 pm

I have found out that one super fan went the distance and purchased the rights to the series. Well, he truly believes in The Phoenix Effects, as do I. Which is, I think everyone who watched it when it came out was touched by it. While the episodes themselves varied in quality, Judson Scott's portrayal of Bennu is a timeless classic. He knew this character inside out and breathed life into Bennu.

I don't understand the reasons behind its cancellation, but I doubt it was just ratings. Everyone watched it.

At one point the Sci-Fi Channel ran the show again and that is what usually shows up on Youtube.

The following is a piece of email I received from the gentleman in possession of the DVD rights:
I am most interested in anything you want to discuss about the show or its star, and especially its Effects on you, as it has so dramatically changed my life (and still continues to). I saw it when it first came out but did not begin to notice anything until I got to see "In Search Of Mira" for the first time since SINCE 1982 - on Odometric Millennium Day, 1/1/2000. If you believe in God, whatever you call Him, that is one of a great number of Divine Practical Jokes and other Interventions He has blessed me with - most coming directly FROM The Phoenix.
For example, Mark Carliner said that all of his paperwork for the show was lost, along with that of several others of his, when a storage unit was emptied without his authorization. The films (positives and negatives) and a set of magnetic tapes (from which the DVD masters were made after I had to pay thousands in unexpected costs for color correction, hence the price) were all that was left -except for the original series Medallion, complete with a link where a "break loop" must have been so when the deputy pulls it off Bennu's neck the chain can't be seen to break (and of course is whole in the later scenes). Imagine what it feels like the few hours a week I allow myself to wear It. Because of the closed break loop, it's proven to be the original, the one seen in the close up as Bennu takes his Sun Charge - at least until the glow fades and he is wearing a different one, a modified pilot Medallion (with bar over the Phoenix's head, but no gem).
As a compulsive collector I began a collection of The Phoenix / Judson Scott memorabilia, which was still in its infancy the one time I met Judson and he proclaimed it "the best collection of The Phoenix in the US - no, the world."
Now I have so many amazing things in it. One non-Phoenix one is from Wrath Of Khan. If you've ever seen the promo photo which includes Khan and Joachim in confrontation (it's very common) it has the code "ST-II - 5169 -19 on it. 5169 refers to the contact print number for that pose, 19 being the cell chosen for the particular pose used on the promo. And I have that contact print sheet!
Sadly Judson is ultraprivate when not in performance / convention mode so he will never see it while I am alive
When you watch the DVDs, since you are already a recipient of the Effects, open yourself to them. Perhaps you will be further Blessed.
Yours forever in The Phoenix and the Hope for Humanity it brings.
Richard
As you can see, he even now owns the original Phoenix medallion, which was made out of gold.
(Notice the ubiquity of the name Richard in our lives...Even though it contains the letter R, it does not appear to bring horror. )

Aeon, a few years ago, before the forum was razed, you said you had figured out which planet Bennu came from. Was it Aldebaran?
I need that memory supplement.

aeon

Re: "THE PHOENIX" TV series starring Judson Scott as Bennu

Post by aeon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 pm

https://www.universeguide.com/star/eltanin

Bennu's home star: Common designations: Etamin, Gamma Draconis, 33 Draconis

Planet Eldebran originally Planet Aurica

I can tell you why Richard is good. R and D are good when they let you see the danger or attack the danger.

Richard = The horror I see is the human animal dangerously disintegrant

Aldebaran = animal life detrimental animals are barred from clean space

Desolate = de sol ate = degenerate Sun consumes animal integrated energy

aeon

Re: "THE PHONENIX" TV series starring Judson Scott as Bennu

Post by aeon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:41 am

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/auric

Now we know why Bennu was of the golden light. Planet Aurica meant golden. Their sun was a giant reddish orange star. A phoenix is a mythical bird with a tail of beautiful gold and red plumage like the rising sun.

That is why the original medallion had to be made of gold. The photon absorption would allow the jumping up to higher electron energy states.

The atomic number of Gold is 79, and its symbol is Au.

Gold has two valencies, 1 and 3. Trivalent gold is the more stable of the two, but the element in both valence states is capable of forming complex ions, particularly the trivalent state.

Gold (Au) has an electronic structure 2, 8, 18, 32, 1. So straight away from this fact, you would say it has 1 valence electron, its outer single electron. And indeed, it forms many univalent compounds such as the gold halides (AuF, AuCl, AuBr).

However, because gold is a large atom and a transition metal the energy levels in its outer electron shells are similar. There is no clear energy distinction between its 4f and 5d shells, and it is relatively easy to lose additional electrons to form higher valence compounds. So gold also forms many trivalent compounds.

aeon

Post by aeon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:18 pm

"...the one seen in the close up as Bennu takes his Sun Charge - at least until the glow fades and he is wearing a different one, a modified pilot Medallion (with bar over the Phoenix's head, but no gem)."

I believe the gem was a diamond right?

A phoenix is a mythical bird with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet or purple, blue, and green according to some legends.

About a third of all diamonds show varying degrees of fluorescence, from almost none to flawless gems that actually look cloudy in sunlight. Blue is the most common color, but real diamonds can also show yellow or orange fluorescence.

http://www.adiamor.com/blog/diamonds/ho ... orescence/

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:43 pm

aeon wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:18 pm
I believe the gem was a diamond right?
This they never mention by name in the pilot. I have a pic from the pre-credits sequence in the European VHS release.
phoenix-medallion.jpg
phoenix-medallion.jpg (79.18 KiB) Viewed 5464 times
I don't know why, but the prop changes quite a few times throughout the show. I remember trying to draw it by memory when I was younger. The plan was to have a jeweler make me one. But there was no official release back then or pictures so I could have the design copied.

So far no replica has been 100% faithful.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Here is a very rare variant. Notice the eye on top. It was never seen in anything other than promotional photos.
judson.jpg
judson.jpg (159.64 KiB) Viewed 5462 times

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:47 pm

This appears to be an original screen used prop.
cropped.jpg
cropped.jpg (138.36 KiB) Viewed 5459 times

aeon

Post by aeon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:07 pm

I saw one that had an actual diamond embedded at the top. This was 6 years ago on a fan sight it looked gorgeous. Did not say whether is was a real prop or a replica, can't find it now.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:30 pm

I see one that has little stones on the bottom. But haven't seen the one with a diamond.