A-88 is Da Man

YE ED

A-88 is Da Man

Post by YE ED » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:51 am

Good to see that A-88 is still master of the web search with his plethora of Shaver Mystery postings! Keep up the good work, A-88! I also note that some postings like my House at 475 Fell Street, has been transcribed, rather than merely posting a link to it on the Shavertron web site. How does that work? A simple cut and paste? There has to be a bit of work involved with it, right?

Anyhoo...Christian, let me know if you want me to post anything on the Shaver Tron or Shavertron Press FB pages about the Forum. I'm wondering, though, if everyone has shifted over to the dreaded FB instead of joining discussion groups these days? Of course, ask any kid and they'll tell you that FB is for old farts now...so even FB is past tense, what with Snapchat and Instagram. And so it goes...I am getting more like the robot in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Re: A-88 is Da Man

Post by Ye Admin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:27 am

Thanks for coming out of retirement to give us your blessing, Ye Ed! It's always wonderful to hear from you.

I'm not so much into social media and I think our unique niche users are likely to distrust FB and the like. FB is an obvious NSA front and most big corporations in general are a threat to privacy.

I want to thank you again for the ceramic piece made by Dottie Shaver. I bet she never dreamed it would some day become a smartphone holder!

aeon

Post by aeon » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:45 am

https://web.archive.org/web/20070302200 ... djohn.html

If you are lucky it is copy and paste but many times you have to retype it manually or run the pages through one or more processes. Shaver Mystery fans are special therefore no effort is too great.
Last edited by aeon on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

seemore

Post by seemore » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:07 pm

I reckon i must agree with Ye Ed concerning A88's prowess and glad to be aboard again. Now i have something to do when i am sitting around camp.

Ye Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ye Admin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:09 pm

seemore wrote:I reckon i must agree with Ye Ed concerning A88's prowess and glad to be aboard again. Now i have something to do when i am sitting around camp.
Welcome, Silas Oaks! :-)